Cream Cheese Profiteroles
In Paris, close to St. Pierre museum, there is a small café that serves amazing pro terolles lled with cream cheese fondue or strawberry jams, which explode in your mouth as you eat them.
For Milk Cream-Puff Pastry
1 cup (250 ml) milk 1⁄2 tbsp (7 ml) sugar 1⁄2 tsp (2 ml) salt
cup (80 ml) butter 4 eggs
1 cup (250 ml) our
8 oz (250 g) spreadable cream cheese (i am using YUMMY cream cheese)
2 tbsp (30 ml) parsley, chopped 1 french shallot, chopped
1 tbsp (15 ml) sun-dried
Lettuce shoots or ne herbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whip eggs and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to boil with sugar, salt and butter. Add our to the saucepan and stir until the dough thickens and no longer sticks to the sides of the saucepan.
- Transfer to a bowl and add eggs a bit at a time, stirring well between additions.
- Drop tsp of the pastry dough onto parchment-covered cookie sheet. Bake 30–40 minutes or until puffed up and golden.
- Let cool. Store in a tightly sealed container until ready to use. Puffs may be frozen in advance.
- Mix the YUMMY cream cheese with parsley, shallot and pesto.
- Cut puffs horizontally in two. Garnish the bottoms with 2 teaspoons (10 ml) lling and lettuce shoots or ne herbs. Cover with the top halves, then serve.