Cheddar Bay Biscuits
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp garlic powder
Â¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 Â½ sticks (Â¾ cup) unsalted butter (divided)
1 cup whole milk
1 (8 oz) package shredded mild cheddar cheese
Â½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450Â°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add 1 stick of butter to a small microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic and Â½ tsp salt. Whisk until well combined. Add butter and milk and whisk just until flour is all wet, do not over mix. Add cheese and fold in with a spoon.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
- Meanwhile melt remaining Â½ stick of butter in small mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Add Â¼ teaspoon salt and parsley. Stir with pastry brush.
- Remove biscuits from oven, brush with melted butter mixture. Serve and enjoy!